Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error installing windows 7 on partition with Bootcamp.

I'm having issues when I try and istall Windows 7 using bootcamp on my Macbook Pro 15' Retina Late-2013.

I am able to create the USB Key with Windows 64-bit and Support files from apple with no issues. For this, I'm using a ScanDisk Extreme 32Gb USB 3.0.

So after creating the Key/Install Drive for Windows and the computer boots using the Flashdrive for installing windows, I get until the following step:

User uploaded file

I am able to "Format" the Bootcamp partition (Parition 4) but when I try and select the partition for installing Windows, I get this:

User uploaded file

I tried doing this mutiple times, earasing the bootcamp installation and starting over, re-downloading the files. I even tried to use an other Win7 ISO files from before Win7 SP1 but with no luck. I did also try to "Delete" the partition and then create a "New" partition from the unallocated space but that didn't work.

Any advice?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 6:36 AM

25 replies

Jan 26, 2014 8:59 AM in response to clovisOSX

You get 90 days support from AppleCare free of charge from the date of purchase (I think it is). If you phone them they can offer help. If you bought AppleCare then you get this for 3 years.

It seems that with late model Macs there are several problems installing Windows in Bootcamp. It doesn't mean you are doing something wrong. It might mean that Bootcamp is not quite ready for all types of hardware.

There have been several workarounds shown on forums, some of which work for others and some don't. The only thing that seems certain is that it isn't straightforward at the moment.

Jan 29, 2014 11:34 AM in response to Number88

So, I went ahead and contaced apple.

It was not a pleasent experiance, I kept being bounced around diffrent support people; each time having to re-explain my problem, While they where all pretty friendly and somewhat helpful, they couldn't help me. I was therefore promoted to a "Senior Advisor", I rejoiced at the idea of this. After explaining my problem in depth and going throught everything I had done, she suggested I check out this other article posted on the Support Forums.

She sent me to this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5550999?answerId=23756557022#23756557022

Which sends you to this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5488789?tstart=0

However, after following the somewhat unclear instructions on those discussions, I was completly unable to start up my bootcamp; I kept getting "Application has Crashed".

And here I am, back to square one. 😠

Jan 29, 2014 11:56 AM in response to clovisOSX

Your system already boots from a USB, no need to do those changes to info.plist

Yours is not a booting problem but a partitioning/installation problem.

Apart from Bootcamp Assistant now crashing, at what state is your system now?

Has Bootcamp still partitioned the drive?

This is an Apple problem and they should be fixing it! You are not the only one to be having this problem.

Jan 29, 2014 12:00 PM in response to Number88

I've relized that, but I tried it anyway. Was hoping for a miracle.

My Mac is running fine, I've tried installing it mutliple times with diffrent sized partitions and such. Each time, removing the created partition and starting from zero.

Everytime I mentioned that, apple would say I had to contact Microsoft Support. (because I buy a mac but need to ask Microsoft for support).

Still open to any form of support. 🙂

Error installing windows 7 on partition with Bootcamp.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.