Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had a problem last evening when updating iTunes on a laptop operating Windows 7 Home Premium.

The installation aborted with the following message:

Runtime Error!

Program C:/Program Files (x86)...

R6034

An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.

I deleted the old version of iTunes and tried to download the latest version. During the setup I received the following message at the 'Starting services' stage

"Service Apple Mobile Device (Apple Mobile Device) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

Any suggestions gratefully received

iPad

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 7:06 AM

1 reply

Jan 28, 2014 2:52 PM in response to botony269

Hey botony269,

When you uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, did you use this article?

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

If you haven't already done these steps, this section contains information that might help your situation:

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and then restart your computer:

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Important: Uninstalling these components in a different order, or only uninstalling some of these components may have unintended affects.

Let us know if following that article and uninstalling those components in that order helped the situation.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Delgadoh

I had a problem last evening when updating iTunes on a laptop operating Windows 7 Home Premium.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.