Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn on Bluetooth without using a mouse

My Bluetooth on my iMac somehow got disconnected, so now my mouse does not work. How do I get the Bluetooth turned back on without the use of my mouse?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 9:01 AM

5 replies

Sep 29, 2014 8:46 PM in response to Rudegar

I think it's pretty obvious that the OP doesn't have a USB mouse, thus his question inre using a keyboard to turn on Bluetooth with a keyboard. Besides, the the easier way to turn on Bluetooth, if we want to get technical, would be a simple keyboard command to toggle Bluetooth on and off on a Mac computer.

It astonishes me how I function so basic doesn't exist on a Mac. It's like no one imagined the trackpad on any of these things might just friggin break!

Unbelievable!

Sep 29, 2014 9:01 PM in response to Christian_Hunter

Well, I have an old USB keyboard AND a USB mouse for emergencies as the timing of any (wireless) key command at boot up can be finicky. Bluetooth is turned off when the Mac is shut down; when I need the C or D key and/or use recovery, the timing has to be absolutely perfectly precise; Bluetooth does not turn on until immediatelh after the startup chime, yet I have to engage the necessary key(s) AT the same time as the startup chime.

This is just an example why a USB keyboard and mouse will come in handy at some point.

How do I turn on Bluetooth without using a mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.