Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why cant i add a wireless printer on my iMac

I an trying to add a brother dcp 375w wireless printer to my imac but it will not see the printer in the add printer system preferences .Ive updated all the system software updates and ive made sure the printer is on the wireless network and ive downloaded the printer drivers but i cant seem to see the printer anywhere or the drivers .Is it possible to add a wireless printer on osx version 10.9.1 ?

iMac

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 9:00 AM

5 replies

Jan 27, 2014 7:38 AM in response to Rebusroo

Ever since the latest Epson printer update (January 25, 2014), my MacBook Pro has been unable to find my Epson printer (Artisan 810). The printer is still connected to the network, as I can find it and print to it with my iPhone and iPad via Epson print. Even when I get the MacBook to find the printer, and I am able to set it up, it loses connection with the printer within a half of an hour.

Any suggestions?

May 13, 2014 4:42 AM in response to Ella1963

I had a similar problem with my new MacBook Pro and an HP Wireless printer. The problem in the end was that I had installed McAfee anti-virus software - the firewall settings prevented the Mac from seeing the wireless printer. I switched the Firewall off (and have now uninstalled McAfee altogether) and the printer then appeared in the list!

Not sure if you issue is connected with an additional firewall - but thought it was worth posting just in case.

why cant i add a wireless printer on my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.