Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Start up from sleep mode

HI,

When I wake up mu imac it appears to be reloading my menu bar apps thereby causing slow startup. My assumption is it should open up to the screen before it went to sleep with out restarting the menu bar apps.

I have 16gb of RAM so I have plenty of storage. So I do not think this is an issue.

Your help would be appreciated.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 10:14 AM

3 replies

Jan 26, 2014 10:32 AM in response to CT

Given its behaviour you might be right. So how to stop it from restarting from sleep. Let me add that if I put to sleep and wake it up immediately there is no problem. Seems to happen when it goes to sleep after specified time limit as defined in energy settings. I have set energy settings to have display sleeps after 15 minutes and never put the computer to sleep.

Jan 26, 2014 2:08 PM in response to BGmail

Since getting Mavericks I have had the occasional, seemingly random restart when waking from sleep via closing the notebook's lid, always after a long time - I guess the Mac is in hibernation mode and somehow crashes when trying to wake back up again. Maybe this is a bug in Mavericks. Maybe it's some third party software conflict. It's hard to tell since it doesn't happen to me that often. In any case, there is this:

Apple - Mac OS X - Feedback

Start up from sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.