Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i watch a movie rented on my apple tv on my macbook?

last night i rented a film on apple tv, how do i find this on my macbook to watch? thanks.

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 10:47 AM

You can't - from the HT1657 page that you posted from :

• If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it’s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
  • If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2014 10:47 AM in response to jade96

You can't - from the HT1657 page that you posted from :

• If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it’s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
  • If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.

Mar 1, 2014 10:01 PM in response to King_Penguin

Regarding your reply above where you say: "You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time."

I have an SD movie rental on my Iphone 5 (Video app) and I have not watched it yet - How can I transfer it BACK to Itunes on my laptop? I don't see how simply syncing my Itunes on my laptop will automatically transfer the movie rental back since it's in the Video App rather than Itunes now.

Mar 1, 2014 11:24 PM in response to Frustr8d1

What did you rent it on ? If you rented it on your iPhone then you can't move it from the iPhone. If you rented it on your laptop then does File > Devices > Transfer Purchases moveit back ? Or if you select the phone's Movies tab (either the tab that you used to sync it or the tab that lists the films on the phone) on your computer's iTunes can you move it back

can i watch a movie rented on my apple tv on my macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.