Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send IPAD music output to PC wireless

Hi,

I would like to send the IPAD music directly to the PC in any wireless way possible; like rerouting anything that would usually be sent to the IPAD speakers but instead to the PC as an input signal. There will be no wires from the IPAD to the PC.

Basically, the IPAD would simply be the music signal output which could be the IPAD libray, the DLNA server which the IPAD is connected to or iTunes. The way the music can then be spread from my PC is infinite because the PC is connected to send the music output to a mixer. The mixer is set to spread music to 7 zones and the IPAD can already control any of the mixer's output and volume. So you get the idea, the IPAD would be the music source and will also set the volume and zone to anywhere in the house as long as the PC is running.

Any idea how I can send the IPAD music signal to the PC remotely and permanently?

Thanks,

Bob

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 11:25 AM

13 replies

Feb 1, 2014 4:29 PM in response to Robertv45

So my PC (Windows) can use something to receive whatever came out of an IPAD (Apps connecting to my DLNA, Youtube, internal IPAD MP3, IPAD Radio APP) using some physical device? Do I need another phsycial device connected to the IPAD to send music?

Thanks all for your help, I am better in other areas but Apple Stuff 🙂

Feb 2, 2014 9:11 AM in response to Robertv45

Hi again,

I am trying to setup IPAD airplay with Windows Airfoil, but no luck so far.

I have no other AIRPLAY device in my network.

PC is connected to network physically, not WIFI.

I have no other Apple devices but IPAD 2

Router is latest firmware

Rebooted router, windows, IPAD

IPAD is latest IOS

Whatever I do, or read on the subject, I cant see the AIRPLAY icon on the ipad. Airfoil also do not see the IPAD, if it should.

The reason I do not see airplay, is it becaause I have no other native airplay devices? Or is it because PC is connected physically and not WIFI?

Thanks all for you help.

Bob

Feb 2, 2014 11:09 AM in response to Robertv45

Well thanks to everybody, I was able to do what I want.

First I installed Airfois speakers on the IPAD, then Airfoil speakers on the PC.

Doing this enabled AIRPLAY on the IPAD and I am able to send to the PC whatever I want from the IPAD, being from TuneIn Radio, local music, DLAN app, youtube, anything.

That is great really. I have a small remaining issue which is Airplay speakers on the PC crashes often but this is something else, that's a start 🙂..

Thanks everybody,

Bob

Feb 2, 2014 11:47 AM in response to Lyssa

Wow, much more stable.

Only thing needed installed on my PC is AirServer, AirPlay sees it and connect to it flawlessly.

By the way with Airfoil, the only thing really needed on my PC was Airfoil speakers. I did not need the Airfoil App on the IPAD. This Airfoil speakers was unstable to me so AirServer is perfect.

Now with the IPAD, I can select any music, send it to PC, which then spread to any zones in the house and I can control these Zones with my console IPAD application.

That is simply great.

Thanks to all for your contribution.

Bob

Send IPAD music output to PC wireless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.