Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to record two condenser mics at the same time on my 4 channel audio interface?

Yesterday i decided to buy a new condensor microphone so me and my buddy could record a song and use both condensor microphones at the same time. But when i hooked them both up to my 4 channel audio interface and made a new track and selected 1 and 2 or 3 and 4. I could only hear one mic in the left side of my headphones and the other mic in the right side of my headphones. So my question is how do i record with two microphones at the same time so i can hear both mics with both sides of my headphones so the voices will be together instead of one voice in one ear and the other voice in another.If you could help me asap i would be very grateful. Thank You 🙂

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Latest version of garageband.

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 12:28 PM

amhurd22 wrote:

how do i record with two microphones at the same time

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/GBFAQ.html#multitrackrecordinggbv10

This FAQ entry offers a Minute GarageBand video tutorial

(Let the page FULLY load. The link to your answer is at the top of your screen)

amhurd22 wrote:

i can hear both mics with both sides of my headphones

each track must be set to a single mono channel. to the right of the input label is an icon of 2 intersecting circles (stereo), click it so that the icon is a single circle (mono)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2014 12:28 PM in response to amhurd22

amhurd22 wrote:

how do i record with two microphones at the same time

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/GBFAQ.html#multitrackrecordinggbv10

This FAQ entry offers a Minute GarageBand video tutorial

(Let the page FULLY load. The link to your answer is at the top of your screen)

amhurd22 wrote:

i can hear both mics with both sides of my headphones

each track must be set to a single mono channel. to the right of the input label is an icon of 2 intersecting circles (stereo), click it so that the icon is a single circle (mono)

How to record two condenser mics at the same time on my 4 channel audio interface?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.