Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not synching

I recently noticed that Syncing from calendar to my two iOS devices is no longer working. It might have been since I updated to Mavericks. Yes, although I don't like it, I have all the devices set to use iclown to sync the calendar. I also followed all the steps in Apple's document "iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar", for issues affecting iOS devices. After completing the last step, it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

(Please, other friends have already suggested buying a paper calendar and keeping it wiht me, but I am not ready to do that yet

😝).

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 1:44 PM

1. First check that all your settings are correct, that calendar syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).

2. Make sure the calendars you are using are in your 'iCloud' account and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud account (you can do this by clicking/tapping the calendar button in the top left corner of the application ), non iCloud calendars will not sync.

3. If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your calendars are in the iCloud account, you might try unchecking calendar syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling calendar syncing settings.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2014 1:44 PM in response to TBade

1. First check that all your settings are correct, that calendar syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).

2. Make sure the calendars you are using are in your 'iCloud' account and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud account (you can do this by clicking/tapping the calendar button in the top left corner of the application ), non iCloud calendars will not sync.

3. If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your calendars are in the iCloud account, you might try unchecking calendar syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling calendar syncing settings.

Jan 26, 2014 1:55 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks for the QUICK reply. Yeah, I was using calendar On my Mac, for appointments, which doesn't synch on the cloud. I changed them to the calendar calendar and they synced.

**** IT APPLE, WHY DO YOU CHANGE THINGS AND NOT MAKE PROVISIONS FOR CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE BEEN USING YOUR STUFF SINCE IT FIRST CAME OUT?

There have been a number of issues in my 30 years as a Mac user that were all due to Apple releasing a new useful feature, then changing how it works, but not doing anything to automatically support early adaptors of their technology. It's like they don't care about dedicated users or something!

All they had to do was automatically change the original "On my Mac" calendar entries to "Calendar". Or btter yet, tell the user this was going to change and give them an option to opt out. Then at least I would have been aware that the change needed to be made.

iCloud not synching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.