Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use the oldest intel iMac, 1.86 GHz Intel I have iTunes 11.1.2 on it but it will not open. Do I need an different iTunes?

My iTunes will not open when I click on it. It thinks it does, it records that it was opened but it is inaccessible to me. I wonder if I downloaded one that is too modern for me. I just downloaded iTunes 11.1.4 but I discover I need a 2 GHz processor and an Intel Core 2 Duo Hard Drive for that version. It makes me wonder if I needed that for the 11.1.2 version. I run OS 10.6.8 and that is the requirement for the 11.1.4 version. I have only an Intel Core Duo hard drive. It is the first Inter iMac that was made.

Looking for help. Susan

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 1.86 G Hrz Intel Core Duo

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 1:54 PM

2 replies

Jan 26, 2014 2:04 PM in response to smcgarry9

11.1.4 simply specifies and Intel Core processor and 10.6.8 so it should run fine. I should start by going to (user)/Library/Preferences and deleting all .plist files beginning with com.apple.itunes (there will probably be quite a lot of them) - do this with iTunes not running, of course. See if it then opens: you will need to reset your preferences.

I use the oldest intel iMac, 1.86 GHz Intel I have iTunes 11.1.2 on it but it will not open. Do I need an different iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.