Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change my iCloud account on my iPhone & iPad

I currently have my iPhone and my iPad linked to one iCloud account. I recently purchased an iPad for my wife. I created a new iCloud account for myself and will let her just use the "older" iCloud account. How do I change the iCloud accounts on my iPhone and my iPad to my "new" iCloud account and will doing this mess my apps or updates?

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 1:57 PM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iCloud account on your iOS device, you need to delete the account from your iOS device first, then add it back using your updated details. (Settings > iCloud, scroll down and hit "Delete Account")

Your apps are related to iTunes not iCloud, changing the ID you use for iCloud only won't affect your apps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2014 1:57 PM in response to shoedigitz

Welcome to the Apple Community.

In order to change your Apple ID or password for your iCloud account on your iOS device, you need to delete the account from your iOS device first, then add it back using your updated details. (Settings > iCloud, scroll down and hit "Delete Account")

Your apps are related to iTunes not iCloud, changing the ID you use for iCloud only won't affect your apps.

Change my iCloud account on my iPhone & iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.