Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote App

I cant connect the App with my iTunes Libary

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 3:00 PM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2014 9:09 AM in response to King_Vita

*I solved the problem of getting the "Remote" app to work and I tried to post this as an "answer" but don't know how to do that on here. The trick is to adjust your router settings to allow your device through the router's firewall. Allowing it through the Windows firewall is not enough; it will still be blocked.

Feeza

iPhone and iPad

Mar 2, 2014 9:13 AM in response to King_Vita

I did a geeky thing: The problem is NOT with your Windows Firewall. The problem is with the firewall settings on your router (wireless router settings that you have to sign into as administrator online). *WARNING: If you are scared to mess with settings, let someone else do it for you.

Step 1: Log on to your router from the provider's online page (for example Sky or BT router settings)

Step 2: Look for a button that lets you set up wireless access to your devices. (For example, in Sky, it's called "Wireless Station Access List" and has a blue button next to it called "Setup Access List".

Step 3: Click that button and you will see a list of wireless devices that are detected, for example iPhone, iPad etc. *NOTE: You can only allow one at a time, so you have to select one and let it be accepted, then go back and do any others individually.

Step 4: Click "Apply" or "Save" or whatever your router tells you to do and you're done!

When you go to your device, it will ask if you want to trust that computer (meaning your own PC)..say yes. By magic, the "Remote" app will show your iTunes library and you're ready to roll!

I am not good at IT but it took me months to find a solution by trial and error and now it works! Yaaay!

Feezafee

iPhone 4, iPad

Remote App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.