Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Port forwarding for XBOX One on Airport 6.3.1

Hi there, firstly i'm going to have to say i'm not particularly technical whatsoever when it comes to computers but i'll try and be as precise as possible.

I purchased an XBOX One console last week along with several games. They all work fine both offline and online for multiplayer gaming.......all that is except for Call of Duty Ghosts. When I load this game up with the disc in the drive the multiplayer option only allows me to select 'Local Play' (offline with bots essentially). I've tried erasing profiles, deleting and re-installing the game but the same issue happens. As I say, every other game works fine when it comes to playing online.

I spoke to Microsoft who informed me that my ISP (Suddenlink) will open up the following ports: Port 88 (UDP), 374 (UDP and TCP), 53 (UDP and TCP) and 80 (TCP) and that they will also do 'double NAt-ting'. I contacted my ISP and they informed me that they can't do that due to all sorts of security risks - trojan virus etc - and that if I want those ports to be open I will have to do it myself or "get somebody else to do it who is tech savvy".

If it helps I have an Arris modem (TM602G/115) and the router being used is the Airport Utility. According to my registered Apple product purchases it looks like I have an Airport Extreme 802.11n (4th Gen). Today I updated it to get the latest firmware/update so I think it's as up to date as it can be.

So essentially i'm wondering what screens to go into and what to type into the boxes to get this game to work so that I can play it online with friends because neither Microsoft or my ISP are willing/able to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Alex 🙂

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (4th Gen)

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 2:56 PM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2014 3:22 PM in response to Britpop95

For the record I did read the following post - I followed the instructions and changed the settings but i'm still presented with the 'Local Play' only options in the multiplayer section for Call of Duty Ghosts. Again, every other game works, it's just this one which is causing issues.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4664386?answerId=20779016022#20779016022

Port forwarding for XBOX One on Airport 6.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.