Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook restarts when closing lid.

I recently replaced the DVD player with a SSD hardrive and since then I have problem with restarts when closing the lid. I need to turn my computer off when its not in use because its keep on restarting like in some kind of infinite loop. So far I tried several maintaince steps without luck.

I did so far:

- reset RAM

- repair permissions

- erase Sleepmode files and deactivate it

- reset SMC

Active Profiles:

Battery Power -1*

AC Power -1

Currently in use:

standbydelay 4200

standby 0

halfdim 1

sms 1

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

gpuswitch 2

disksleep 0

sleep 10

autopoweroffdelay 14400

hibernatemode 0

autopoweroff 1

ttyskeepawake 1

displaysleep 15

acwake 0

lidwake 1

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7//8 GB

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 2:37 PM

3 replies

Jan 28, 2014 12:39 AM in response to spjuver555

If you're booting from the SSD, it needs to be installed in the hard drive bay, not in the optical bay. MacBook Pros just expect the boot drive to be in the hard drive bay and that's where the system looks for the boot drive.

I don't know that swapping the drives will solve your sleep problem - or maybe you already have a SSD in the HD bay? - but this is just a heads up 'just in case.'

Clinton

Macbook restarts when closing lid.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.