Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just uninstall mackeeper from my mac, but i don't know if i have to do more stuff after it???

hey, I am very new on computers stuff and i thought mackeeper was safe, so I installed a free version first and before i buy it, my boyfriend did some research and we read i should have not installed it, it is not safe, i uninstalled it but i do not if i have to do something else after it... can someone help me please? 😕

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 4:51 PM

Please read this article on MacKeeper. If you followed the instructions described here, you should be OK.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3036

Ciao.

5 replies

Jun 28, 2014 6:15 PM in response to Anabel Rivera

I have used MACKeeper since early 2011. I think it is a great program if used properly it can save you a lot of headaches. I have not had the popup problem that I have seen in various forums or blogs. I have upgraded each year for around $10.00 each license for 3 different MACs with no problems. I would definitely recommend the software for the utilities and anti-virus protection.

Jun 28, 2014 7:02 PM in response to MAC_Man_TX

MAC_Man_TX wrote:

I have used MACKeeper since early 2011. I think it is a great program if used properly it can save you a lot of headaches.

Nonsense! It does not solve any problems. It is a scam product, that uses scare tactics to get you to buy it. In my testing on a clean, unmodified Mac OS X system that had been running for less than an hour total, it found "critical" issues and recommended the removal of over 1,500 files.

MacKeeper is currently the subject of two separate class-action lawsuits alleging fraud. It absolutely should not be used!

I just uninstall mackeeper from my mac, but i don't know if i have to do more stuff after it???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.