Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If you have decided to jump ship from iWork due to the large list of removed functionality, what program are you going to?

Before anybody says it, I understand that Pages '09 still exists in my computer and that Pages 5.0 did not overwrite it. However I find it frustrating to have to open 2 different instances of virtually the same program to perform basic word processing tasks (the largest of which being a mail merge). Big question being "What office suite or word processor is the one to switch to?" I don't mind spending money on a good word processor or office suite, so long as it lives up to its price tag. Anybody have any recommendations?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 4:21 PM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2014 4:57 PM in response to pculler

The closest is Word for Mac, but not quite.

LibreOffice is free, has a database and spreadsheet plus uses open source formats as well MsOffice.

Nisus is not bad, not cheap and not really Pages.

Swift Publisher is probably a better DTP app but a worse WP app and has no spreadsheet features.

Pages was Pages. No real substitute.

Stick with Pages '09 but be prepared with backups to a more durable file format such as .docx and .pdf.

Peter

If you have decided to jump ship from iWork due to the large list of removed functionality, what program are you going to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.