Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you copy cell to another sheet without a "0" value if empty

I have a sheet which is formatted based on a scanned image that I have as a background. This is a timesheet and makes it easy for people to enter the values in based on the paper version as it is familiar. My table sits in front of this image and works just like the paper version where a user inputs the data using a selection of checkboxes and free text into the timesheet.

Because of the margin limitations in numbers, I have also constructed a seperate sheet which is the PRINT version of the table, where I want to MIRROR te values in the first sheet. This 2nd sheet has all the headings taken away, and the table borders removed etc, as it is printed onto the paper proforma timesheet. I have moved the tables around etc to make sure that it prints exactly correctly based on margins and formatting etc.

The issue I have is that everytime I use a cell reference for free text (ie: =Recall Record::Table 2::B2) is shows a "0" when the field in the master table is empty. This is an issue as I don't want to show anything if the original table has a cell that has nothing in it, when printing.

Is there a way to do an IF statement or similar: like =IF(=Recall Record::Table 2::B2,"=Recall Record::Table 2::B2", " ") or something like that? I read that as if there is something in that referenced cell then show that referenced cell and if there is nothing there, show a space.

Time Capsule-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 5:20 PM

=if(isblank(<the_cell>), "", <the_cell>)

this will check <the_cell> to see if it is blank. If it is it will return the empty string "", otherwise it returns the value of <the_cell>

3 replies

How do you copy cell to another sheet without a "0" value if empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.