Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Generation 1 - Booting to apple log then to black over and over...

So I found my Ipad 1 that i had misplaced back in 2011 so i decided to see what all i had on it but i tried connecting it to a wall charger and it started to boot up (went into the apple log) for a few seconds then it went black again. It will continue to do this over and over again until i unplug my ipad from it. I tried connecting it to my computer via a usb and it will not turn on and wont even boot up and off again like the wall charger was doing. Ive tried different cords and the same result. Now for the wall charger ive left it there to charge but no use. After many attempts at holding the home and sleep button i got it to the screen where it says connect usb to itunes but if i unplug my ipad from the wall socket to put the usb into my computer the screen will go black and will not turn on.

so my question is what do i do? is it dead completely ? I do not have an itunes store near me unfortunately.

(side note: I have no clue what operating system i have. but i do know i did not jailbreak it)

iPad, 2 years since i used it

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 8:00 PM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2014 8:36 PM in response to MrEman21

Leaving the iPad without periodically using it or charging the iPad may have damaged the battery.

But foret thing to try is to use the charger that came with the iPad and plug that into a known good wall outlet. Leave it plugged in overnight. Then reset your iPad. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart.

If the iPad restarts check the battery percentage. If it is not at 100% let it continue to charge. Pay close attention to the rate of battery decline.

If the iPad will not start it is likely there is a hardware or software problem. You can try restoring it again by running iTunes on your computer and connecting your iPad.

You other option is to have a technician look at the iPad and explain what options you may have. Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support.

Ipad Generation 1 - Booting to apple log then to black over and over...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.