Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SOS - Sync iPhone on 2nd comp => lost data

A Mac Mini is, by far, my main comp to sync the iPhone.

In November 2013, I did a new same iPhone sync with my MacBook, being on holidays.

Then, from November, didn't use the MacBook (to sync) until today.

In the meantime, did a lot of changes Mac Mini side, like new songs, new playlists, removed songs etc...

Today

Today, being away from home, I did a sync MacBook <=> iPhone, expecting songs / playlists to be copied back from iPhone to MacBook.

But, unfortunately, it did the opposite: bringing all that old November stuff to the iPhone, removing the new songs, the new playlists?!

Questions

Would that be normal due to some internal rules - well, I'd hope the sync would honor some timestamp rules, that would prevent to override new stuff with old stuff.

1. How come such thing can happen? (old stuff over new stuff)

2. More importantly, how can I fix this - still didn't connect to the MacMini where data is new, fresh and sane? Should I connect to the Mini and everything will be fixed? (ie new stuff replacing that old novemebr copied stuff)

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 12:09 AM

You can only sync iOS devices to 1 computer.

If you try to sync to a different computer, it wipes everything from the first computer.

6 replies

Jan 27, 2014 12:22 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

I would like to avoid a restore (for good reasons)

But according to your logic, wouldn't connecting the iPhone to the (good) Mac Mini fix everything, since, as you said,

"If you try to sync to a different computer, it wipes everything from the first computer"

in this case it would wipe the MacBook old data - and replace with good new dear Mac Mini data - no?

[ just want to confirm before operating, as I don't want to mess up with Mac Mini data . . . ]

SOS - Sync iPhone on 2nd comp => lost data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.