Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlock phone if the screen disconnected

I dropped my iphone and the screen not only cracked but completely disconnected, it still charges and plays music if I press play with the apple headphones but I have very important photos and voice recordings on there that haven't been backed up due to me just getting a new computer, when I plug it in to my laptop it connects to itunes but it wont back up because I have a passcode on it. how am I supposed to unlock it if the screen doesn't work. I cant put it in DFU mode because I'll loose everything, apple is replacing the phone which is awesome but I need my photos and voice memos off my old one. I have no idea what to do. please help!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 3:49 AM

Accessing pictures taken with the device does not require unlocking, if using the same computer the device normally syncs with.

If you no longer have access to the computer the device normally syncs with, have failed to backup the device previously and the screen is not working, there is no way to access the data on the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2014 3:49 AM in response to bae22

Accessing pictures taken with the device does not require unlocking, if using the same computer the device normally syncs with.

If you no longer have access to the computer the device normally syncs with, have failed to backup the device previously and the screen is not working, there is no way to access the data on the device.

unlock phone if the screen disconnected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.