Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fujifilm Finepix Viewer on Mavericks

Since upgrading to Mavericks, many of the applications that used to run are now incompatible. Now, the software required to recognise my camera (Fuji XP170) is now not supported: Error message "You can't open the application "FinePixViewer" because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."

What's the work-around here guys?

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 11:26 PM

5 replies

Jan 27, 2014 8:10 AM in response to J_Acen_N

As you have proven, Fuji's latest XP series software is not compatible beyond OS X 10.6. This is confirmed according tto Fuji's Compatibility of Application Software with Macintosh | Fujifilm Global Support page.

Mac OS versionsafter OS X 10.6.x do not support any Power PC apps. If you continue to use OS X 10.9.x, I suggest that you delete all PowerPC apps. They waste disk space and cannot work on your 10.9.x system.

The only three workaround suggestions I can offer are:

(1) Contact for United States | Fujifilm Global and ask if they have or are planning an iNtel version of their software.

(2) Restore your old compatible Mac OS X version and keep using your old software.

(3) Get a newer camera that is compatible with the Mac OS X version you want to use.

Fujifilm Finepix Viewer on Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.