Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If someone knows my Apple ID and password, can they long in and send messages from me?

My fiancé got a text message from me last night while we were driving together. I didn't send the message. I never typed the message to anyone else, it wasn't even formatted the way I typically text, but when we looked at my phone the message was in my iMessages as being sent from my phone to his. If someone knows my Apple ID and password, can they log in and send messages as if they were coming from me? And would they have access to my contacts? The only other thing I can figure is that messages were somehow crossed, but from what I have found on discussion boards, that isn't possible!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 12:40 AM

Yes, if someone knows your Apple ID/Password, they can activate iMessage on a device & send such using your ID. However, every time iMessage is activated on a device, you'll receive a notice, from Apple, informing you of such. If you suspect someone knows your Apple ID/Password, you should change your password.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2014 12:40 AM in response to NrsStudent

Yes, if someone knows your Apple ID/Password, they can activate iMessage on a device & send such using your ID. However, every time iMessage is activated on a device, you'll receive a notice, from Apple, informing you of such. If you suspect someone knows your Apple ID/Password, you should change your password.

May 4, 2014 11:25 AM in response to NrsStudent

Earlier today I got a notification on my iPhone saying

Email Adress Added to "The iPad" bellow that it read

"The iPad" is now using "myname@me.com"for iMessage.

The thing is I don't own an iPad. As soon as I got home I changed my password but is that enough? I have been using this apple id for years and some serious damage could be done if the wrong person is using it. Help!

Jun 23, 2014 6:53 AM in response to Community User

AlexC1983 wrote:

Is it possible to track where this message was sent from as I have had something similar?

No, it's not. Simply change your Apple ID password if you think your Apple ID has been compromised. You might also want to change your email account passwords, the security questions for your Apple ID, and any other account passwords that might have been stored in your iCloud backup.

If someone knows my Apple ID and password, can they long in and send messages from me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.