Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I redeem an iTunes gift card to buy another countries song while I live in a different one ?

So I recently discovered that if you live in the US for example and you try to buy a song from the UK, it does not happen. If I switched my iTunes account from the US to the UK and I redeem a gift card, will it still make that purchase on that particular song on my new 'UK' account, or just automatically decline it ?! Please help!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 12:28 AM

1 reply

Jan 27, 2014 12:31 AM in response to Xoalyonaxocutie

You will need to be in the UK with a UK billing address on your account to use the UK store - from the UK store's terms of use :

The Service is available to you only in the United Kingdom. You agree not to use or attempt to use the Service from outside this location. iTunes may use technologies to verify your compliance.

You can try requesting that the song be added to the US store, but unless the rights-holder agrees to it then Apple won't be able to sell it there : http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

Can I redeem an iTunes gift card to buy another countries song while I live in a different one ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.