Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Official Lightning cables regocnized as fake

First off. I'm only using lightning cables that either came with my Ipad air/mini, Iphone 5/5s or were bought at the Apple store. Likewise, I'm only charging these devices with the chargers that came with the respective devices or trhrough my Macbook.

But for the last month, and getting more and more frequent for each passing week, the ipads and iphones are saying that my cable is a conterfeit product and might not work as well as an official cable would. This is happening with all my devices and all my cables (mainly the iphone 5s and the ipad air, which are not even three months old), sometimes to the extent that the devices refuse to charge at all.

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 2:11 AM

4 replies

Jan 27, 2014 7:50 AM in response to Danielhessel

U know yesterday I had the same problem, in the afternoon I sent a film to my iPad air, it was working well, but later when I tried to charge it I saw a message that my lightning cable is not certified and my device refused to charge, I tried it with my iPhone and saw the same message on the display... The second cable which is one year old is operating well, the second is practically new but has already failed. I'm also interested what's the problem with it?

Official Lightning cables regocnized as fake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.