Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen message " talagent wants to use the local items keychain" my screen has locked and I don't have a keychain password

My iMac screen is displaying message "talagent wants to use the local items keychain. Please enter keychain password."

I don't have a keychain password and my screen is frozen.

Any suggestions?

iMac

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 3:22 AM

6 replies

Jan 27, 2014 11:23 AM in response to Lesley Watson

Please follow the directions in this support article. If there's no change, see below.

Back up all data. Open the iCloud preference pane and uncheck the Keychain box. You'll be prompted to keep or delete the keychain items. Choose to delete and confirm. Then re-check the box. Follow one of the procedures described in this support article to set up iCloud Keychain on an additional device. Test.

Jan 17, 2015 9:34 AM in response to Lesley Watson

Just went through this on Yosemite. Followed Apple's instructions to delete the gobbledegook folder from my user's Library/Keychains folder, and restarted.

OS X Mavericks v10.9.1: Repeated prompts to unlock "Local Items" keychain - Apple Support

Prior to that I booted it from the Recovery disk, then was not able to boot from the startup disk. Reinstalled OS X before applying above fix.

Anyone else have this happen immediately after using a dodgy USB drive?

Had also earlier changed iCloud, user login and other passwords.

Curious. Don't much believe in coincidences.

Screen message " talagent wants to use the local items keychain" my screen has locked and I don't have a keychain password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.