Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Book bought impossible to download

Hello guys,

I bought a book yesterday from my iPad 2 but I'm not able to download it. I just got the arrow in the cloud available in the purchase part of the app, when I click on it, I got the square in the circle that appear ( which normally shows the % of download) but it just stays empty for hours. Nothing happen.

Ofc I have my iPad connected to internet, which is working and I was able to download that book to my iPhone 5S. And I have the last iOS on iPad.

Do you guys know what can happen ?

I tried deleting the iBook app and reinstalling but same problem. I also restarted my iPad, but nothing works, it don't want to download the book :-S.

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 3:58 AM

4 replies

Jan 27, 2014 1:24 PM in response to Moujimouja

Having the same problem here. Everything was absolutely fine until today, when one of the books I bought had an update come through. The update wouldn't download, so I tried deleting the entire book and starting from scratch. No luck. Now I can't even download the original version. It's only happening with this one book - all of the other books, including ones from iCloud, are working and downloading fine.

Basically, I click the iCloud icon to start downloading, but there's no effect: normally when you do so, the icon changes to text which reads "DOWNLOADING". Here, it doesn't. Yet, when I go back to my library, the book is greyed out with a progress bar, which doesn't move. After about ten minutes, it gives up and goes back to just showing the title with an iCloud icon.

I'm connected to the internet on my iPad Air, have tried restarting / rebooting it several times, deleting the cookies, closing and reopening the apps, etc. It's driving me nuts, because I'm right in the middle of the book and I'd like to keep reading.

Also: the book inexplicably downloads fine to iBooks for Mac. So what exactly is going on here?

UPDATE: Solved my problem. Up until this point, I'd gone cord-less. Hooking up to my desktop and manually syncing my books over did the trick. I guess iCloud was just throwing a fit for some reason.

Jan 31, 2014 12:57 AM in response to ssschmidt

Hehe thanks, I know that BUT I think they have a way to realize that something is not going well on the store ( monitoring stuff )

I ll try to ask for answer on the dedicated support, you're right cause I'm still trying to download it / uninstall etc.. and nothing works !

Thanks for the reply, If I got some news about that, I ll post them here 🙂

Book bought impossible to download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.