Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this still possible (I know it was possible then)? that is, will Apple Store now offer older version of iOS app to, for example, users with iOS 6?

I am asking this because today I tried to download an app (from iOS 6 iPhone) and there was no info about downloading older version of it, like there should be. It only said I should update device to iOS 7. I know this for certain because I made this app and tested this feature right after iOS 7 app update. I downloaded app even from iOS 5.1 device.

iOS 6

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 5:28 AM

Whether an older compatible version of the app is available in the store depends upon whether the developer of the app has made it available. As far as I know the app needs to be in your purchase history for it to work i.e. it is only via the Purchased tab in the App Store app on the device that you will get the prompt as to whether to download an older compatible version (if one is available), not from the main part of the store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2014 5:28 AM in response to DokumentenM

Whether an older compatible version of the app is available in the store depends upon whether the developer of the app has made it available. As far as I know the app needs to be in your purchase history for it to work i.e. it is only via the Purchased tab in the App Store app on the device that you will get the prompt as to whether to download an older compatible version (if one is available), not from the main part of the store.

Is this still possible (I know it was possible then)? that is, will Apple Store now offer older version of iOS app to, for example, users with iOS 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.