Skip navigation

camera lens missing from phone

143 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2014 7:28 PM by raghav424 RSS
raghav424 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 27, 2014 6:27 AM

I've got iphone 5. And the problem is that the camera lens is missing from back. My phone is under warranty. Will it be replaced or what..plz tell me

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4
  • Rudegar Level 6 Level 6 (18,490 points)
    Jan 27, 2014 7:23 AM (in response to raghav424)

I would assume so

but this is a user helping user forum so non of us can give you any promises

• GeekBoy.from.Illinois Level 4 Level 4 (2,730 points)
    Jan 27, 2014 9:01 AM (in response to raghav424)

I guess it would depend upon why it's missing and if your AppleCare is still active.

If it is missing due to acciddental damage (drops, etc), then that would be considered an "Out Of Warranty" repair, and it would cost you about $269 USD (unless you have an active AppleCare+ where there are 2 "incidents" where you can get your phone replaced for $49).

If it is due to manufacturing defect, then it would be covered under the 1 year Mfr Warranty, so if you have proof of purchase, or have it registered with Apple, then it should be covered for a free replacement as long as you are within 1 year of the device's purchase.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.