Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get A1454 iPad mini network unlocked

Hello All,

I bought the Apple Ipad Mini A1454 from 5th Avenue Store, NY by paying $459.

I assumed the phone will be unloced to any cellular network as I live in London and we get all Apple product unlocked to network if you but from Apple Directly.

My Ipad was working fine with Wi-Fi when I was in London. I went to business trip in India and put Indian Vodafone sim for cellular use. As soon as I put sim in - Ipad gave me message "No Sim" and immidiately i thought its locked.

When I checked in Settings - its got confirmed its locked as it was showing AT&T1.3

I never lived in US and never had contract with AT&T.

I contacted Apple - who as normal adviced me to contact AT&T. AT&T has dropped email, post my ticket to get it unlocked - Sorry we cant help and you were/are not our customer.

So I am wondering is there any way some one from APPLE - if reading this can advice - what should I do to get it free to any cellular use across globe?

Many Thanks in advance

Sid

iPad, A1454 Cellular & Wi-Fi iPad Mini

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 6:06 AM

1 reply

How to get A1454 iPad mini network unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.