Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retain playlists and playcounts in iTunes update 11.1.4.62?

I updated my iTunes to the new version 11.1.4.62 and it did not retain my playcounts and playlists I had created. I copied and renamed the iTunes Library folder before I did the download. I also have an XML document in my folder I copied as well. I also want to transfer all of the music I got from Amazon and other similar sites. None of these songs transfered after the new update.

Can I restore my computer to an earlier time or is there another way of transferring all of the songs with retained playcounts, playlists, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 7

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 7:18 AM

2 replies

Jan 29, 2014 5:09 PM in response to brenden dv

Thanks for the tip Brenden. I did this before I attempted to download the new iTunes update. However, none of my play counts or playlists were saved. I also have a problem with none of my music I bought or downloaded from non-iTunes sources show up in iTunes after the new update.

I believe as a last resort, I am going to transfer my music from my iPod onto my computer. Is there a particular software that I can download or purchase that you recommend that will allow me to transfer the music in order for me to keep my playlists and play counts, etc.?

Thanks again for commenting to my original post.

-Nick

How do I retain playlists and playcounts in iTunes update 11.1.4.62?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.