Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't play songs after update

I updated to 11.1.4 today. I had to restart Apple Mobile Devices and Bonjour to get my pc to see my iPhone and my Time Capsule respectively. However, if I open iTunes and click on a song to play, it stays stuck at 0:00 and won't play. If I move the slide bar to jump in the middle of a song, it stays stuck where I moved it to without playing. Any ideas?

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 8:06 AM

8 replies

Jan 27, 2014 8:56 AM in response to PVines1971

It may pay to tear down and reinstall iTunes in the following manner...

Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Win XP) or Programs and Features (later)

Remove all of these items in the following order:

• iTunes
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Mobile Device Support (if this won't uninstall move on to the next item)
  • Bonjour
  • Apple Application Support

Reboot, download iTunes, then reinstall, either using an account with administrative rights, or right-clicking the downloaded installer and selecting Run as Administrator.

The uninstall and reinstall process will preserve your iTunes library and settings, but ideally you would back up the library and your other important personal documents and data on a regular basis. See this user tip for a suggested technique.

Please note:

Some users may need to follow all the steps in whichever of the following support documents applies to their system. These include some additional manual file and folder deletions not mentioned above.

HT1925: Removing and Reinstalling iTunes for Windows XP

HT1923: Removing and reinstalling iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

tt2

Jan 27, 2014 10:34 AM in response to turingtest2

Ok, iTunes working and phone working. However, the PC still can't connect with the Time Capsule - which seems odd to me because it is connecting to the wi-fi through it. I will keep plugging away.

Every time iTunes releases an update, I loose a whole day of productivity just getting my devices to all work again. I only switched to PCs because I need to use ArcMap info for work and school.

iTunes won't play songs after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.