Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari will not save passwords now

Safari on my MBPro will no longer (if it ever did) ask me if I want to save a new password once I enter it for a secure site. I want that saved so I can use autofill. I recently got my MacPro to do this for sites that do not want you to auto log on, but that is not working on my laptop. What do I set to see the 'save password?' windowwhen I enter one for the first time? You can not enter a mappword manually in the preferences.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), MPro, MBookPro iPad iPhone iMacs

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 9:31 AM

6 replies

Apr 28, 2014 12:41 PM in response to Christian Riley

The settings that need to be changed are:

- On a Mac, your user account must have a password, and your account must be set to ask for a password when waking up from sleep (System Preferences > Security). You may need to set a screen saver too.

- On an iOS device, you must enable Passcode Lock.

As for the checkbox labelled "Allow AutoFill even for websites that request passwords not be saved", it has been removed from Safari 7.0.3 or later (and IOS 7.1 or later). If your device has proper security settings (see above), then this feature will automatically be turned on.

Safari will not save passwords now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.