Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only 3 instruments on iPad Air

I have just bought an iPad Air. I've seen that with iPad Air, I get couple of apps for free. One of them is GarageBand. The problem is, it is free indeed but only offers 3 instruments. The app is already free on all iDevices with 3 instruments. Why don't I have all of them? I'm not going to purchase the instruments because I bought an Air, supposedly having exclusive free apps.

GarageBand (iPad), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 8:51 AM

3 replies

Jan 27, 2014 2:53 PM in response to Sepkom

That is how it is with GarageBand now. The app is free, but if you want to have the have the additional instruments and loops, you have to buy them.

The fee for the extra instruments is less than the price for GarageBand used to be, however.

Expanding GarageBand for iOS 2.0 content with an in-app purchase

It is the same for GarageBand on the Mac, btw:

Expanding GarageBand for Mac (v10.0) content with an in-app purchase

Jan 27, 2014 3:53 PM in response to Sepkom

You may want to write this to Apple - the feedback form is here:

Apple - GarageBand IOS - Feedback

In a User-to-User forum will Apple probably not here statement.

In the App Store are apps, that pretend to be free, and afterwards you need to spend a fortune on in-app purchases to be able to them. I think, GarageBand is marinal in this way. You can use all basic functions without buying the additional instruments, but it is the first in-appmpurchase for native Apple apps, and I hope there will be no more of them.

Only 3 instruments on iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.