Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I already have a wireless router do I have to disable it before setting up Airport Express?

I bought Airport Express so I could set up my printer on the wireless network. I have tried to connect but it wont allow me.

Now I have a router with wireless capability, so do I have to remove it before I set up the Airport Express, or can they run

simutaneously? And if I have internet signal how do I know if I plug it into the WAN port or the LAN port?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Canon MP600

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 10:42 AM

1 reply

Jan 27, 2014 12:49 PM in response to MarfromM

Now I have a router with wireless capability, so do I have to remove it before I set up the Airport Express, or can they run

simutaneously?

You don't need to disable your existing wireless router as your new AirPort Express can be configured to "join" the wireless network created by the router to share a USB printer.

And if I have internet signal how do I know if I plug it into the WAN port or the LAN port?

If the Express will be your only router, then you would connect a single Ethernet cable between the Internet modem and the WAN (circle of dots) port on the Express.

if I already have a wireless router do I have to disable it before setting up Airport Express?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.