Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know of a better way to copy Garage Band songs from iOS to my Mac?

I create a whole lot of little 20 second songs on GarageBand for my iPhone. The method of having to select each one, export it, choose options, etc takes a long time.

Then the interface in iTunes doesn't make it easy to copy the new songs over, because it won't let me sort by date or anything.

Is there an easier way to get songs off my iPhone and into desktop GarageBand?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 12:35 PM

What GarageBand version do you have on your Mac? If your Mac has GarageBand 10.0, you could use iCloud instead to transfer the projects.

Save your iPhone projects in iCloud and open them directly in GarageBand 10.0 from iCloud.

See this section of the GarageBand IOS help to pload your songs to iCloud: Use iCloud with GarageBand

And this section of the GarageBand 10.0 help on how to import from iCloud:

Save and open projects via iCloud:

Import a GarageBand for iOS song

1. Choose File > iCloud > Import GarageBand for iOS Song.
  2. In the Import GarageBand for iOS Song dialog, select the song you want to import.
  3. Click Import.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2014 12:35 PM in response to squidcult

What GarageBand version do you have on your Mac? If your Mac has GarageBand 10.0, you could use iCloud instead to transfer the projects.

Save your iPhone projects in iCloud and open them directly in GarageBand 10.0 from iCloud.

See this section of the GarageBand IOS help to pload your songs to iCloud: Use iCloud with GarageBand

And this section of the GarageBand 10.0 help on how to import from iCloud:

Save and open projects via iCloud:

Import a GarageBand for iOS song

1. Choose File > iCloud > Import GarageBand for iOS Song.
  2. In the Import GarageBand for iOS Song dialog, select the song you want to import.
  3. Click Import.

Does anyone know of a better way to copy Garage Band songs from iOS to my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.