Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick Time screen capture freezes when i'm working with Modo 3D. Any solution?

Hi guys, When I'm working with Luxology Modo, Quick Time screen capture freezes every time on Mac OS X Mavericks. When I'm doing some operation in Modo, like slice geometry per exemple, QuickTime crashes. I must force quit quicktime and when I relauch the application, the screen capture opens but screen capture ends at the time when I cliked on the Modo slice operation. It's frustrating because I can't do nothing with screen capture. I tried other screen capture applications but the problem persists! When I was using Snow Leopard Quick Time works very well!! Do you have some resolution for this problem? Regards, César.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 11:49 AM

6 replies

May 18, 2014 7:09 PM in response to cesarfig1976

I'm using OS X Mavericks as well, and it seems like the same thing happens when I try to type in MonoDevelop, part of the Unity package. Unity works fine, it only seems as though I can't screen record typing in MonoDevelop. It looks like it's still recording, it just has the rainbow wheel of death after I try to finish out the Quicktime. I left it up for several days and ignored it, but it still didn't finish. I finally had to force quit it and reopen it and when I did it opened up the temporary file of the video I was recording, but it stopped whenever I started to type into the MonoDevelop interface. The first time it let me save the video to the desktop. The second time, the time which I left it open for days, it would not let me save it, on command-S or on exit. I don't know exactly what's wrong, but I believe that you know as much as I do. Please post a reply if you need any more information or have a fix.

Apr 29, 2015 1:54 AM in response to cesarfig1976

The problem is still here in April, 2015. Quicktime also still deletes screen captures if you trim them before you save, which is has been well known for a good long time. Meanwhile Pages on iCloud still lacks basic features and features the same critical bugs it had two years ago. So I'd wager these products don't actually have anyone working on them. If Apple is so understaffed they can't maintain current products, they should abstain from pointless new ventures like SpriteKit. A 23 year old product with such narrow scope should not be in this condition.

Quick Time screen capture freezes when i'm working with Modo 3D. Any solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.