Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late 2011 Optibay HD upgrade (working only in bootcamp)

Hi everybody, i recently upgraded my Macbook pro Late 2011 with an optibay (not the original) and a 1TB 7200 HD.

I followed the instructions and the installation was successfull. But when i turned on my mac the hard drive was not present in finder and if i try to initialize it from disk utility it gives me error and says that disc is not readable. (i've tried that several times even with terminal and different numbers/size of partitions).

I have a bootcamp partition too, with windows 7 installed. Weird fact is that under windows the Optibay drive works like a charm, i can partition it write data and read (Guid/mbr).

My OSX (mavericks) still can't mount/use the drive, even if i formatted it correctly under windows. I was thinking it was a Sata 2-3 issue, and i still can determine for sure if my late 2011 mac supports sata 3 in optibay, even though i think it is just a OSX problem.

Any ideas?

My macbook pro model: Late 2011

cpu: 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7 (quad)

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Software OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Optibay HD: hitachi hts721010a9e630

Thanks for any help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 12:01 PM

There are no replies.

Late 2011 Optibay HD upgrade (working only in bootcamp)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.