Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup

HOW CAN I BACKUP MY IPHONE 5 On a differnt drive location than the default. My computer is out of space for the backup to complete?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 12:32 PM

You cannot. That information is hard coded into iTunes. You need to make space on the drive by removing something.

4 replies

Nov 4, 2014 1:54 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

how do I turn on Backup for my Iphone 5 on the icloud? My icloud storage of 5GB was full and i dont want to buy more. So i decided to clear all that was saved on icloud and I went to "manage storage" and selected my device and turned the back up off. Now i want to back up again because Ive deleted unnecessary things and there is no option for me to "turn back up on" under "manage storage" setting - please help, what must I do!!!?

Thanks 🙂

Nov 4, 2014 9:47 AM in response to srlse

The backups for an iPhone are stored in the iTunes library on your computer. Where ever that library resides is where you backup will be placed. You can copy your entire iTunes library to a different hard drive and instruct iTunes to use that library. Then when you back up your phone the backup will be placed on the alternate hard drive. Use the iTunes Help menu to search for Copying the atones library to get instructions on how to do that.

Once you begin using the iTunes library on your alternate hard drive, you can delete the iTunes library from your primary hard drive to free up space for other stuff.

backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.