Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use my iPhone to pass the slides on my Ipad's Keynote

With the new Update of the Keynote i noticed i can use my iphone as a remote to pass the slides on my mac when i am presenting.......but my question is related to the ipad because i want to be able to do it as well but with the iphone on my ipad....i was following the instruction to connect it but its telling me to go to the Keynote tools on my IOS device....but i am not finding that option on my ipad's keynote.....What should i do? How to connect it my iphopne wiht my ipad to use it as a remote?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 1:01 PM

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3325

If you have an iOS device running Keynote, you can control your slideshow from another iOS device (in this example an iPhone and iPad are used).

1. On your iOS devices, choose Settings > Wi-Fi to verify both iOS devices are on the same wireless network.
  2. On the iPad running Keynote, open your Keynote presentation.
  3. Tap the Tools icon in the toolbar.
  4. In the Tools menu, tap Settings.
  5. In the Settings menu, tap Remote.
  6. In the Remote Settings menu, turn on Enable Remotes.
  7. On the iPhone, open the Keynote Remote app.
  8. In the iPhone Settings window, tap New Keynote Link.
  9. On the iPad, the name of the iPhone appears in the Remote Settings window; tap Link.
  10. On the iPad, enter the four digit number that is displayed on the iPhone, and then tap Done.

You can now control the slideshow on the iPad from the iPhone by tapping Play Slideshow on the iPhone.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2014 1:01 PM in response to yoelunar

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3325

If you have an iOS device running Keynote, you can control your slideshow from another iOS device (in this example an iPhone and iPad are used).

1. On your iOS devices, choose Settings > Wi-Fi to verify both iOS devices are on the same wireless network.
  2. On the iPad running Keynote, open your Keynote presentation.
  3. Tap the Tools icon in the toolbar.
  4. In the Tools menu, tap Settings.
  5. In the Settings menu, tap Remote.
  6. In the Remote Settings menu, turn on Enable Remotes.
  7. On the iPhone, open the Keynote Remote app.
  8. In the iPhone Settings window, tap New Keynote Link.
  9. On the iPad, the name of the iPhone appears in the Remote Settings window; tap Link.
  10. On the iPad, enter the four digit number that is displayed on the iPhone, and then tap Done.

You can now control the slideshow on the iPad from the iPhone by tapping Play Slideshow on the iPhone.

Use my iPhone to pass the slides on my Ipad's Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.