Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Several errors: missing MSVCR80.dll, "Service 'Apple Mobile Device' failed to start", Error 7

I have been trying all morning to re-install iTunes, but continually receive the following errors:

"Service 'Apple Mobile Device' (Apple Mobile Device) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

"iTunes was not installed correctly, Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (Windows error 126)"

"iTunesHelper.exe - System Error: The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I have found a solution on iTunes support for the Error 7 message and followed the instructions, but the problem was not resolved. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes several times (I am doing all of this through the administrator sign on on my Windows 7 PC), and still receive these errors. I have purchased a registry cleaning tool to try to fix the .dll error and it was not resolved. I can't even get iTunes to install properly on my computer and have lost all use of the program. I am at a loss as to what to do!! Can anyone help!!

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 1:01 PM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2015 4:16 AM in response to greenapple74

I am getting the same error message - error 7, Windows error 193 running iTunes on a PC Laptop (HP) which has been running iTunes previously for at least 2 years.

I followed the Apple support page and uninstalled (in order) all Apple programmes specified, rebooted, then re-installed. Two additional errors crop up in re-installation, the first one is to do with Apple Mobile Support Device Services. It seems that this might be rectified by plugging in said devices before finishing the re-install. The second reads iTunesHelper was not installed correctly please re-install iTunes. This persists. I cannot uninstall iTunesHelper using the Control Panel, but I can delete it using Windows. However, after re-installing again, it still won't run and the original error comes back. I've downloaded and uninstalled 15 times now and this is taking far too long to be acceptable.

Several errors: missing MSVCR80.dll, "Service 'Apple Mobile Device' failed to start", Error 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.