Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The new printer driver 9.0 for WF-7520 caused 2-sided printing to no longer work - very frustrated

The new printer driver 9.0 for WF-7520 caused 2-sided printing to no longer work - very frustrated

Called epson and they said it's apple not them and i have to WAIT until Apple updates the driver that is causing the issues.

i have hundreds of pages to print for a presentation tomorrow and i'm not happy. IF I had a hard copy I could print it that way but, alas, I do not.

WHEN IS THE UPDATED DRIVER COMING OUT THAT WILL FIX THIS REALLY BAD ISSUE?

'

iMac

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 1:39 PM

7 replies

Jan 27, 2014 1:55 PM in response to krisanns

WHEN IS THE UPDATED DRIVER COMING OUT THAT WILL FIX THIS REALLY BAD ISSUE?

You will need to post in the Product Feedback area.

These are user-to-user forums where everyday folk (volunteers) post questions and offer answers (technical support) to each other.

Typing in caps is considered shouting and very hard to read.

===============

You provided no system details. Profile is a complete blank.

When posting in Apple Communties/Forums/Message Boards.......It would help us to know which Mac model you have, which OS & version you're using, how much RAM, etc. You can have this info displayed on the bottom of every post by completing your system profile and filling in the information asked for.

CLICKY CLICK--->https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3602

CLICKY CLICK-----> Help us to help you on these forums

***This will help in providing you with the proper and/or correct solutions.***

User uploaded file

Jan 27, 2014 2:37 PM in response to krisanns

Krianns, welcome to the discussion area. Baby Boomer USA is very knowledgeable and will always steer you in the right direction for help needed. Here is a little more information for you Apple Operating Systems furnish hundreds of drivers free of charge for there users. To add to that Apple made sure that all of the major Software Developers and Printer Manufactures had the BETA release for Mavericks, as well as all the previous versions of there software. If the truth be told, it is the Printer Manufactures responsibility to furnish the Printer Drivers for there products to all the different Computer Makers, do you see where this makes good busness since. I hope you can get your problem solved, did you happen to check in the printer preferences and see if double sided printing is checked to allow it after the upgrade.

Jan 27, 2014 2:47 PM in response to Donald Morgan

Hello Donald,

I understand but apple is the one that updated the driver that caused the challenge. I've been using the printer quite a while and it is just since the apple driver update a couple days ago I haven't been able to double print from my computer.

I"m would go back thru time machine but I don't know what i should change and I've done 100 things i actually need to keep since it was updated a few days ago.

Kris

Feb 9, 2014 8:59 PM in response to krisanns

krisanns,

I, too, have an Epson WorkForce WF-7520 printer and cannot print two-sided documents on the printer as the option is greyed out in the print dialog. As far as I know, this feature has never worked under OS X 10.9 Mavericks, so if you were to go back to a previous version of the driver you would also need to uninstall Mavericks. Ouch!

I have contacted Epson about the issue and get the same story from them, that it's Apple's issue, which is malarky. They provide the drivers to Apple and then Apple distributes them. I have also left feedback for Apple regarding the issue under OS X feedback, so hopefully something will eventually happen.

It's been over two months since I last spoke to Epson about the issue, so I will call them again to see what they say this time.

I was really hoping that the recent Epson software update would address the issue, but it has not.

I guess that all we can do is contact both Apple and Epson and then wait patiently for a fix.

Feb 23, 2014 12:08 PM in response to krisanns

Any movement on this issue that anyone is aware of?

I have emailed Epson again and requested that they either fix the duplexing issue or refund my printer purchase. It's ridiculous that they can't make this work easily. I'm sure that it's just an option that they need to enable in the driver. What could be easier?

Very frustrating!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.