Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2014 VW Jetta w/ Connectivity

I very recently leased a 2014 Jetta and I am using the newest version of iOS 7.0.4 (just made sure it was up to date). I can use the phone controls on my steering wheel to make calls, but the bluetooth won't change tracks via the steering wheel and it constantly just kind of stops playing when it wants to and will randomly come back on.

I know a lot of other people have had similar issues but I can't find an answer that works for me. It's a brand new car and an up-to-date version of iOS. What is going on? I went from a 2008 version of Sync in a Focus that worked decently to a 2014 VW that can't get its stuff together.

Has any one with a newer VW RCD-310 radio had any luck with this?

APPLE PLEASE HELP AND MAKE AN UPDATE!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4, 2014 VW Jetta RCD 310

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 2:34 PM

1 reply

Apr 3, 2014 9:25 PM in response to k.m.c1025

I purchased a 2014 Jetta SEL in January and I'm not having your issue, but the 'receptionist' (as my sales lady calls it) cannot understand my commands. I ask "call mom", she replies with either "call Anne?" She always starts with letter A, or "what number would you like me to call?". My husbands brand new Samsung Note works perfectly, but my iPhone 5 doesn't. I have left my car with dealership several times, including today and my service lady (who I adore, I've worked with for over 4 yrs) just called and said my iPhone 5 is smarter than my 2014 Jetta! I am baffled and cannot accept that answer! I'd like to think the IT and Engineers that make these vehicles wouldn't design a vehicle to work with any phone BUT the iPhone 5 that has been out for over 2 years! I should also mention I replaced my original 5 with a brand new one. Other commands like 'cancel' she DOES understand. Has anyone out there had an issue like this?

Thanks!

2014 VW Jetta w/ Connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.