Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2014 Boot Camp Discussion

I have looked high and low and can't find a recent answer to my question. I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro. I recently replaced the Superdrive with the stock 750 GB HD and put a new SSD in for performance enhancements. I also wanted to add Boot Camp to the computer but have found a few issues that I need help with. Here is the what I know:

- Boot Camp wants me to install Windows from a CD. I have the Windows 7 Ultimate disk with key but it won't recongnize my extrernal CD drive.

- When I do partition 50 GB of my SSD for Boot Camp and Windows, my computer restarts and says "No Bootable Device - Please insert book disc and press any key.

- I have tried going into the Boot Camp Assistant and editing the plist.info by taking out the "Pre" infront of USB.... (If you know about my situtation you will know about this work around.) When I do this, Boot Camp Assistant just crashes on startup.

So basically my computer has to install Boot Camp and windows via a Superdrive that I no longer have. Any ideas? I'm currently downloading the Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit iso and have a USB thumb drive I can put it on but don't have a ton of knowledge on what to do next.

Thanks,

Jonathan

<Link Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Intel 2.5 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, 256GB SSD

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 3:41 PM

2 replies

2014 Boot Camp Discussion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.