Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using a multi-port adapter to increase the number of USB ports - affects system functioning? Port priority? In advance, I send my thanks!

Hello. I've never "started a discussion" before. Ah well I've always had good luck with the communities so here goes. Today I plugged a Belkin multi-port adapter into my MacBook Pro running OS X Version 10.6.8 This enabled me to plug in my keyboard; mouse and printer. Yes after two years I wanted to be back to an independent full keyboard and mouse. BUT ALAS! Now the little spinning wheel keeps appeariing while I'm on the Internet and I learned through my "Help" app that I have "slow start-up, pausing at Initializing network or "Configuring network time" (sounds like some of the men I've dated).

Could it be the multi-port adapter? Should I use a different model? The abiltiy to have the printer; keyboard and mouse all connected at the same time is important to my work.

In advance, I send my thanks!

Jeannie-Marie

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 6:16 PM

There are no replies.

using a multi-port adapter to increase the number of USB ports - affects system functioning? Port priority? In advance, I send my thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.