Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I load Mac OSX anymore?

I recently installed Windows 7 to my Mac Pro though boot camp and I can no longer load OSX. If I hold alt/option it only loads Windows 7. If I do nothing I am led to a Windows Boot manager. Holding "x" leads to windows boot manager. Holding Alt+C leads to Windows 7. I am still greeted with a white screen and sound que but no apple symbol or disk options are ever present. PLEASE HELP!!! I hate windows, I just want my mac back.

p.s. I do have leapard OS boot disk but I can never access it.
running early Mac Pro 1,1

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 8:00 PM

11 replies

Jan 28, 2014 4:32 PM in response to Keith Barkley

I only made the sound que once just before the blank white screen came up. Then it continued to load windows. I cannot boot from the install cd since it always loads windows when I hold the alt/option key. I am not even given any options. Do you think this has anything to do with using a TV as a monitor or maybe if I didn't finish fully installing the rEFIt application?

Jan 29, 2014 8:00 AM in response to RightRightCorrect

RightRightCorrect wrote:

Windows Boots fine. With no problems, but I can't boot OSX or anything else for that matter. Holding alt/option leads straight to windows boot.

What do you mean "...or anything else for that matter.". How many operating systems do you have? If more than OSx and Windows then you have messed up your hard drive. You can only have OSx and Boot Camp partitions on your drive.

Why can't I load Mac OSX anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.