Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 7th gen - software update error and now not functioning

Hello,

I recently plugged an older 7th gen iPod Nano that I hadn't used in a while into my computer (Windows 7 operating system) and iTunes wanted me to let it update its software. I said 'yes,' not really thining anything of it, and as the software update was taking place, an 'unexpected error' occurred. Now my iPod will not turn on or respond or anything. It shut off while plugged into the computer and has stayed off and I am unable to get it to turn back on. It is totally dead, like the failed update somehow ruined my iPod.

The iPod itself was a little damaged - the LCD touchscreen was nonfunctioning due to water damage, and only displayed a white screen when on, but I could still 'shake to shuffle' and it would play all of my music just fine. Now the iPod will not work at all.

Is there anything that can be done or am I just out of luck here? Did the fact that the iPod was damaged have something to do with the failed update?

I'm kind of bummed 'cause the iPod still played my music perfectly....

Thanks for any help or insights anybody can give.

iPod nano (7th generation), Windows 7

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 1:03 AM

There are no replies.

iPod Nano 7th gen - software update error and now not functioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.