Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Hotspot inexplicably not working

Have done everything except restore the phone. Have checked for updates on both iTunes and iPhone, both are up to date, have reset network settings, so please don't direct me to the troubleshooter.

Updated iTunes to 11.1.4.62 recently and then today couldn't connect iPhone to iTunes. Followed a troubleshooter and updated a driver either for iPhone or iTunes, not sure which, and that then started working. Personal Hotspot however stopped working. It has been working recently, before this iTunes update, so maybe it's that? I can tell it's recognising when the hotspot is being turned on and off because it makes the USB connection sounds. It does show up over wi fi but refuses to connect. I've attempted to contact Apple Support but the professed "Wait time of two minutes" has had me on the little loading screen for at least 20, and I don't appreciate that I'm being told I need to pay for something that isn't my fault as far as I'm aware.

I'm running Windows 8, my carrier is 3. Which incidentally has made support hard to find since most people are using Macs or American networks. This also makes "Time machine" or whatever it's called impossible as my OS is incompatible. And with software in mind in general, I'm loathe to download software to try and fix this unless absolutely necessary. Any support people can give is much appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 3:33 AM

1 reply

iPhone 5 Hotspot inexplicably not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.