Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi WPA2 Enterprise authentication. Why second window appears?

Hi All,

I'm connecting to WiFi network. It requires WPA2 enterprise credentials:

User uploaded file

If I enter wrong password - second window appears:

User uploaded file

If I enter correct password on the second window it doesn't change anything. It tells that password is invalid.

Do you know why the second window appears and what for?

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 9:07 AM

Check with your IT department first.

802.1X authentication/RADIUS/WPA2 Enterprise manages credentials instead of a shared password and it gives you a reconnect option when it's not correct.

Also, you should have had to allow a certificate in order to connect. Without that Cert, you will not be able to access the network.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2014 9:07 AM in response to Belimor

Check with your IT department first.

802.1X authentication/RADIUS/WPA2 Enterprise manages credentials instead of a shared password and it gives you a reconnect option when it's not correct.

Also, you should have had to allow a certificate in order to connect. Without that Cert, you will not be able to access the network.

Jan 28, 2014 1:55 PM in response to chattphotos

I am part of It department. 🙂

If it is the reconnect option why I can't enter correct password on the second try?

I set authentications retries to 0. (otherwise it keeps asking me for password)

AS I understood so far the second windows appears because I have two policies on RADIUS Server:

Connection Request Policie

Network Policie

Wifi WPA2 Enterprise authentication. Why second window appears?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.