Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I switch accounts in the App Store on my MacBookPro?

Hello! I got a MacBookPro a few birthdays ago and I love it! The only problem is: at the time, we signed into the Apple/App Store with my dad's ID and account. Now, I would like to change it to mine. However, I haven't found any useful infomation on the Apple site. Do have any suggestions on what I need to do? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank You! this1Marie xxx

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 8:58 AM

For the iTunes store (this is the iTunes Store) forum then you can log out via the Store drop-down menu at the top of the screen :

User uploaded file

The 'Sign Out' option will then change to 'Sign In'. Any content that was downloaded by your father's account will remain tied to his account.

It's similar for the Mac App Store, there should be a Store menu at the top of the screen with a Sign Out option on it, which will then become Sign In.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2014 8:58 AM in response to this1Marie

For the iTunes store (this is the iTunes Store) forum then you can log out via the Store drop-down menu at the top of the screen :

User uploaded file

The 'Sign Out' option will then change to 'Sign In'. Any content that was downloaded by your father's account will remain tied to his account.

It's similar for the Mac App Store, there should be a Store menu at the top of the screen with a Sign Out option on it, which will then become Sign In.

How can I switch accounts in the App Store on my MacBookPro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.