Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seems I have a stalker/hacker in my iphone 5c. What can I do? This is a new

Stalked! Got a new iphone 5c and a new number. Getting strange texts,

Strange callers. I'm blocking the numbers. I only have a few apps I downloaded

From iTunes. I'm using cell now because couldn't stop my

WiFi from having an unknown computer in it. ( my service

Provider and I changed the passwords, channels on my wifi

Access page and could not stop this computer. Minutes later

It would show right back up). So, I'm using only cell. How is this done.....

I have secured everything on the phone that I know how to do? What now?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 10:41 AM

This is an issue you probably need to take up with your cell provider. Unless you have jailbroken your iPhone, the chances that it's been hacked are vanishingly small. These may well just be calls and texts sent via one of the many "autodialer" systems that dial and send to each number in turn and not specifically targetted to you. There's little or nothing you can do about someone calling or texting you unless the sender uses the same number each time thereby allowing you or your cell provider to block it.

Regards.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2014 10:41 AM in response to Stalked2014

This is an issue you probably need to take up with your cell provider. Unless you have jailbroken your iPhone, the chances that it's been hacked are vanishingly small. These may well just be calls and texts sent via one of the many "autodialer" systems that dial and send to each number in turn and not specifically targetted to you. There's little or nothing you can do about someone calling or texting you unless the sender uses the same number each time thereby allowing you or your cell provider to block it.

Regards.

Jan 28, 2014 1:13 PM in response to Stalked2014

Unsure how to use this discussion board, so bear with me. Manipulation; I mean, I will type in a text, and something I've discussed with someone on a previous call will show up typed!? Doesn't get much creepier. Phone gets hot to touch. (Brand new iphone5c). Settings r locked, passwords on all. No, I'm not a crazy person, but creeped a bit and mystified. Is this possible....,I'm told it's not at the ATT store....yet it's happening. It does seem to me, that it has something to do with apps. If I delete all apps, (these are all from iTunes) problems disappear. Also, at times my phone will simply freeze, no controls work, AT ALL. So, I reset the network settings, but that only works for a little while. My options are to never enjoy a pandora, solitaire or check the weather channel? Is there technology out there that can take over a phone like this?

Jan 28, 2014 1:14 PM in response to Stalked2014

It is also possible that there are still people calling that number who are actually trying to reach someone who had it before. Or, if the number is very close to some sort of commercial number, you may be getting the wrong numbers. It's surprising how often people dial incorrectly. My work number is one digit off from an "paid companion" service. People misdial A LOT!

Jan 28, 2014 1:29 PM in response to Stalked2014

A nonjailbroken iPhone cannot be remotely manipulated. Most likely you have either an operating system corruption or a defective iPhone. Try restoring to factory setttings:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

and work with just the included apps for a while and see if matters improve. If they don't, contact Apple Support for further assistance. If the iPhone works properly after restoring, then you can put the apps back one by one and see how it goes. You may have gotten a badly coded app that's causing system corruption.

For the issue of conversations appearing as text, if by that you mean spoken conversations, it may be Siri being inadvertently activated or acting up:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2048196/beyond-siri-dictation-tricks-for-the-iph one-and-ipad.html

If it's just acting up, restoring to factory settings should cure it.

Regards.

Message was edited by: varjak paw

Jan 28, 2014 1:26 PM in response to Stalked2014

Too funny Meg, maybe not as much for you! The creepy part is the texts repeating my calls.....short of having an audio device in my home, WT*?!?!? I'm not a tech genius by any means, but this is strange. I'm not a criminal that the NSA would listen too :) lol. But someone is definetly screwing with this phone somehow. Not losing sleep, but sure am curious how this is done. I don't use Siri, I have the phone pretty locked up and simple. ?????

Seems I have a stalker/hacker in my iphone 5c. What can I do? This is a new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.